Ground Electronics Transmission Systems Maintainer
Sgt to Pvt - PMOS
Ground Electronics Transmission Systems Maintainers are trained to install, diagnose, modify, and perform field level maintenance on Ground Common Transmission Systems, Digital Fires Situational Awareness Systems, Vehicle Intercommunications Systems, Vehicle Electronics Equipment, related electronic equipment, electronic jamming systems, and miscellaneous non-communication systems. Typical duties include the troubleshooting and repair of ground common radio systems, Ground Common Tactical Wideband Transmission Systems and related electronic equipment at an organizational unit or intermediate maintenance activity. These Marines also requisition parts, complete service requests, and to assist in the installation of Ground Electronics Transmission Systems.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Must have completed 1 year of high school algebra.
- Complete the Basic Electronics Course and the Ground Transmission Systems Repair Course at MCCES, 29 Palms, CA.
- Marines must have 36 months of obligated service remaining upon graduation from the Ground Transmission Systems Repair Course. This obligated service must be obtained prior to execution of PCS (DUINS) or PCA (DUINS) orders to the course.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.6B, 2800 Ground Electronics Maintenance Training Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Radio Mechanic 49-2021.
Related Military Skill: