Telephone Systems/Personal Computer Repairer
Sgt to Pvt - PMOS
Telephone systems/personal computer repairers are trained to diagnose, modify, and perform repairs on telephone equipment, switching systems and data systems to include Marine Corps Common Hardware Suite (MCHS) systems, peripheral devices, and related equipment. Typical duties include the repair and alignment to ground common telephone equipment and data systems to include MCHS systems and associated peripheral devices, requisitioning of parts, and completing equipment repair orders.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Must have completed 1 year of high school algebra.
- Complete the Basic Electronics Course and the Telephone System/Personal Computer Repair Course, at MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
- Marines must have 36 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the Telephone System/Personal Computer Repair Course. This obligated service must be obtained prior to execution of PCS (DUINS) or PCA (DUINS) orders to the course.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.6A, 2800 Ground Electronics Maintenance Training Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers 49-2022.
Related Military Skill: