Ground Electronics Telecommunications and Information Technology Systems Maintainer
Sgt to Pvt - PMOS
Ground Electronics Telecommunications and Information Technology Systems Maintainers are trained to install, diagnose, modify, and perform field level repairs on repairs on Marine Corps Common Hardware Suite (MCHS) systems, intelligence processing systems, information technology systems, telephone switching systems, and related equipment. Typical duties include the repair and alignment to ground common telephone and switching equipment, intelligence processing equipment, data distribution systems, and information technology end user devices (e.g. computers, printers, or plotters), and associated peripheral devices. These Marines also requisition parts, complete service requests, and assist in the installation of Information Technology Systems.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have completed 1 year of high school algebra.
- Complete the Basic Electronics Course and the Telephone System/Personal Computer Repair Course, at MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
- Marines must have 36 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the Telephone System/Personal Computer Repair Course. This obligated service must be obtained prior to execution of PCS (DUINS) or PCA (DUINS) orders to the course.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.6B, 2800 Ground Electronics Maintenance Training Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers 49-2022.
Related Military Skill: