Ground Electronics Systems Maintenance Technician
GySgt to SSgt - PMOS
Ground Electronics Systems Maintenance Technicians are qualified to perform complex diagnosis, field level repairs, and modifications to ground electronics systems. These technicians supervise ground electronics systems maintenance activities and instruct in the use and maintenance of ground electronics communications systems. Typical duties include complex field level repairs and modifications to ground electronics systems, supervision of a maintenance section or shop, coordination of equipment evacuation for repair with other maintenance activities, requisitioning of parts, and monitoring maintenance reports. These technicians also provide technical assistance during the employment and installation of data/radio communication systems. This MOS is career progression for MOSs 2831, 2841 and 2847. Preferred target for assignment to career progression training is at the 5-8 years’ time in service (TIS) mark. MOS 2862 is assigned upon completion of the Electronics Maintenance Technician Course. MOS 2891, Electronics Maintenance Chief, is assigned upon promotion to Master Sergeant and completion of required training.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have completed one year of high school algebra.
- Complete the Advanced Electronics Course and the Electronics Maintenance Technician Course, at MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
- Marines must have 24 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the Electronics Maintenance Technician Course. This obligated service must be obtained prior to execution of PCS (DUINS) or PCA (DUINS) orders to the attend training.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.6A, 2800 Ground Electronics Maintenance Training Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Radio Mechanics 49-2021.
Related Military Skill: