Artillery Electronics Technician
GySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Artillery Electronics Technicians are training to operate and maintain Counter Mortar Radar Systems, Meteorological Measuring Systems, Chronograph Systems, and Ancillary Ground Radar Systems. Tasks include the siting, installing, inspecting, testing, and repairing of the systems with emphasis on inspection. Artillery Electronics Technicians maintain necessary records on maintenance performed, hours of operation, and systems or component tests. MOS 2891, Electronics Maintenance Chief is assigned upon promotion to Master Sergeant and completion of required training.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have completed one year of high school algebra.
- Complete the Basic Electronic Course, at MCCES 29 Palms, CA and Marine Artillery Electronics Maintenance Course, at Ft Sill, OK.
- Marines must have 36 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the Marine Artillery Electronics Maintenance Course. This obligated service must be obtained prior to execution of PCS (DUINS) or PCA (DUINS) orders to the course.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.6B, 2800 Ground Electronics Maintenance Training Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment 49-2094.
Related Military Skill: