Ground Electronics Systems Maintenance Chief
MGySgt to MSgt - PMOS
Ground Electronics Systems Maintenance Chiefs perform staff duties in formulating and implementing maintenance plans to support tactical logistics IAW MCWP 4-11. These Maintenance Chiefs will develop policies and procedures for ground electronics systems maintainers to perform inspection and classification; servicing, adjustment, and tuning; repair; modification; recovery and evacuation; overhauling and rebuilding; and testing and calibration of Ground Electronics Systems Equipment and miscellaneous electronics systems used by Marine Corps Ground Forces. As a Senior Staff Noncommissioned Officer in a highly technical field, the Electronics Maintenance Chief is qualified to manage the activities of Ground Electronics Maintenance Personnel from diverse maintenance specialties within the MAGTF. Duties may include teaching electronics theory and maintenance best practices, supervising a maintenance shop, writing evaluation test plans, and inspecting units performing electronics maintenance. This MOS is a career progression for Gunnery Sergeants with MOSs 2831, 2862, and 2887.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must complete the Electronics Maintenance Supervisors Course at MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.6B, 2800 Ground Electronics Maintenance Training Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers 49-1011.
Related Military Skill:
- Electronics Maintenance Chief, 5993