MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Warehouse Clerks perform various duties within supply chain management to include receiving; inspecting; locating; storing; rotating; safekeeping; issuing; preparing; shipping; material return; care in storage; and disposal of supplies and equipment. These clerks maintain personal computer and mainframe locator systems in order to conduct inventories, maintain records of sub-custodied principal items, monitor shelf life items, input data entry transactions, and retrieval of historical records. All records must be maintained according to NARA-approved dispositions per references (cb) and (bp). They maintain hand held optical character recognition scanners, devices, and multimedia retrieval systems. These Marines are licensed to operate MHE (forklifts, tractors, etc.) and operate bulk and small parts conveyer systems used in warehousing operations. They identify packaging requirements and ensure items are maintained as required; comply with fire and safety regulations; use protective measures for items in storage, including open storage lots and hazardous materials storage areas; establish field supply support areas. They will use detailed technical data from the Federal Logistics System for the development and execution of a care and storage program to include the development of storage space requirements; per weight, cube, and clearance factors by categories of supply.
- Must possess a CL score of 90 or higher.
- No convictions by court-martial, civilian courts, or nonjudicial punishment of any act involving larceny or theft.
- Complete the Enlisted Warehouseman Basic Course at the MCSSS, Camp Lejeune, NC.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.64A, Supply Administration and Operations Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Shipping, Receiving, and Traffic Clerks 43-5071.
- Stock Clerks and Order Fillers 43-5081.
Related Military Skill: