Food Service Specialist
MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Food Service Specialists function in the garrison and field environment in every aspect of food preparation, administration, procurement, storage, distribution, to include funding, requisitioning, purchasing, receiving, accounting, and storing subsistence supplies required for troop consumption and/or for resale activities, units, and organizations, cooking, baking, and serving. Additionally, they perform quality assurance surveillance of food service contracts. Typical duties are preparing fruits and vegetables, meat, fish and poultry for cooking, seasoning food, baking of bread and pastry products; verify incoming shipments, prepare reports of supplies received, prepare, edit, and consolidate back-orders for subsistence stores and quality assurance evaluations. The most senior grades act as an administrative assistant to the Food Service Officer/Food Service Operations Officer and Contracting Officers Representative to the Installation Contracting Office.
- Must possess a GT score of 90 or higher.
- Complete the Basic Food Services Course or complete a minimum of 6 months OJT as a Food Service Specialist for initial MOS award, the Food Service NCO Course at the Corporal level, the SNCO Course at the Staff Sergeant level, and the Senior Food Service Course at the Master Sergeant level. All courses are taught at the U.S. Army Quartermaster School, Fort Lee, VA.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.35A, Food Service Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Cooks, Institution and Cafeteria 35-2012.
- Bakers 51-3011.
Related Military Skill:
- Warehouse Clerk, 3051.
- Supply Administration and Operations Clerk, 3043.
- Marine Aide, 3372.