MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Finance Technicians perform the duties associated with the maintenance, review, payments processing of master pay accounts, and the fiscal accounting supporting the transactions. Finance Technicians also perform duties incident to the adjudication, computation, review, and payment of vouchers of reimbursement for official travel. Finance Technicians staff NCOs supervise subordinates working in master pay accounts and/or official travel payment functions. Finance Technicians may be assigned to finance offices in either the operating forces or the shore establishment. Marines serving as Finance Technicians must have a fundamental understanding of related computer system applications.
- Must possess a CL score of 105 or higher.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Security Requirement:
- Must have a favorably adjudicated National Agency/Local Agency Check (NACLAC) that meets IT-II level requirement.
- Secret Security clearance eligibility.
- Marines requesting reenlistment into the 3432 MOS must possess a favorably adjudicated National Agency/Local Agency Check (NACLAC) that meets IT-II level requirement prior to finalizing their reenlistment.
- Marines conducting lateral moves to the 3432 MOS must possess a favorably adjudicated National Agency/Local Agency Check (NACLAC) that meets IT-II level requirement prior to finalizing their lateral move.
- No convictions by court-martial, civilian courts, or nonjudicial punishment of any disbursing related offense within the last three years to include:
- falsifying financial records
- misuse of GTCC or
- misuse of public funds
- Must have no record of derogatory information or unfavorable conduct that cast doubt on the Marine's trustworthiness and honesty.
- Complete the Basic Finance Technician Course, given by the Financial Management School, MCB Camp Lejeune, NC.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.69A w/ch1, Financial Management Individual Training Standards.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks 43-3051.
Related Military Skill:
- Fiscal/Budget Technician, MOS 3451.