Motor Transport Maintenance Chief
MGySgt to SSgt - PMOS
The Motor Transport Maintenance Chief (MTMC) supervises the maintenance, repair and inspection of motor transport equipment, directs the activities of assigned enlisted personnel in a motor transport maintenance repair shop or facility as well as conducts motor vehicle accident/mishap investigations and prepares accident/mishap investigation reports. The MTMC assists with all duties and responsibilities under the cognizance of the Motor Transport Maintenance Officer.
- Must hold MOS 3521 as a primary MOS.
- Completion of the Motor Transport Staff Noncommissioned Officer’s Maintenance Chiefs Course (MTMCC) (M03CDN7) conducted at Marine Corps Combat Service Support School, Camp Lejeune, NC is required within one year of promotion to the rank of Staff Sergeant unless assigned outside the MOS in a supporting establishment command such as recruiting/drill instructor/combat instructor/MSG duty. In these cases, upon reassignment to a billet requiring MOS 3529, the Marine will be required to attend the MTSNCOOC within 6 months. Failure to complete this course within the designated time frame may result in being considered less than full qualified for promotion to the rank of Gunnery Sergeant. The MTMCC (M03CDN7) is not an MOS producing course and therefore completion of the course is not required to be assigned MOS 3529 as a primary MOS. Upon promotion to Staff Sergeant MOS 3529 as a primary MOS will be granted and reported in MCTFS via a unit diary entry.
- Skill enhancement schools/courses recommended for motor transport maintenance chiefs include: See Fig 3-1.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.39B, Motor Transport Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers 49-1011.
Related Military Skill:
- Engineer Equipment Chief, 1349.