Motor Vehicle Operator
Sgt to Pvt - PMOS
Motor Vehicle Operators operate Motor Transport Tactical Wheeled Vehicles and equipment transporting passengers and cargo in support of combat and garrison operations. They also perform crew/operator level maintenance and maintain all associated tools and equipment for assigned vehicles and equipment, to rated capacity, of which licensed to operate.
- Must possess an MM score of 85 or higher.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Past driving record, evidenced by a search of a Motor Vehicle Records Check, reveals no active state driver's license suspensions or revocations.
- Must pass an audiogram hearing test.
- Must have normal vision to include color, acuity, and field of vision and depth perception.
- Minimum height for vehicle operation is 59 inches.
- Maximum height for vehicle operation is 75 inches.
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Operator (MVOC) Course, U.S. Army Engineer School, Ft Leonard Wood, MO.
- No more than one yes in the blocks contained in section 6 on the physical fitness inquiry for motor vehicle operator form (OF-345) is acceptable.
- Skill enhancement school/course recommended for Sergeant to Corporal, Motor Vehicle Operators, is the Motor Transport NCO Course, Marine Corps Combat Service Support School, Camp Lejeune, NC.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.39B, Motor Transport Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Truck Drivers, Light or Delivery Services 53-3033.
- Truck Drivers, Heavy and Tractor-Trailer 53-3032.
Related Military Skill:
- Semitrailer Refueler Operator, 3534.