Motor Transport Operations Chief
MGySgt to SSgt - PMOS
A Motor Transport Operations Chief supervises crew/operator level maintenance, planning and execution of motor transport operations, directs the activities of all enlisted personnel in a motor pool, conducts motor vehicles accident/mishap investigations and prepares accident/mishap reports. The Motor Transport Operation Chief assists with all duties and responsibilities under the cognizance of the Motor Transport Officer.
- Must hold MOS 3531 as a primary MOS.
- Completion of the Motor Transport Staff Noncommissioned Officer’s Operation Course (MTSNCOC) (M03CDL7) conducted at Marine Corps Combat Service Support School, Camp Lejeune, NC; is required within one year of promotion to the rank of Staff Sergeant unless assigned outside the MOS in a supporting establishment command such as recruiting/drill instructor/combat instructor/ MSG duty. In these cases, upon reassignment to a billet requiring MOS 3537, the Marine will be required to attend the MTSNCOOC within 6 months. Failure to complete this course within the designated time frame may result in being considered less than full qualified for promotion to the rank of Gunnery Sergeant. The MTSNCOC (M03CDL7) is not an MOS producing course and therefore completion of the course is not required to be assigned MOS 3537 as a primary MOS. Upon promotion to Staff Sergeant MOS 3537 as a primary MOS will be granted and reported in MCTFS via a unit diary entry.
- Must maintain a valid U.S. Government Vehicle Operator's Identification Card (OF-346) qualified to operate MTVR 7 ton (GySgt to SSgt).
- Skill enhancement schools/courses recommended for Motor Transport Maintenance Chiefs include: see Fig 3-1.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.39B, Motor Transport Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Op 53-1031.
Related Military Skill:
- Motor Transport Maintenance Chief, 3529.