Member, The President's Own, United States Marine Band
MGySgt to SSgt - PMOS
MOS 5511 is assigned to musicians who are enlisted "for duty with the United States Marine Band only”. They are appointed to the grade of Staff Sergeant upon their initial 4-year enlistment. These enlistees report directly to the Marine Band, Marine Barracks, Washington, DC for duty. They are permanently assigned to the Band and perform musical duties as an instrumentalist or music related technical duties as a member of the support staff. The Director, U.S. Marine Band recommends MOS 5511 promotions to CMC (MM) to fill T/O vacancies.
- Security requirement: Top Secret security clearance eligibility (Category II White House access).
- Auditioned/Technically evaluated and interviewed, and found musically or otherwise technically qualified by the Director, U.S. Marine Band. No specific level of education is required, but the performing ability and expertise required are that which can be expected for acceptance into world renowned symphony orchestras. The ability to fluently sight-read music is an absolute necessity.
- Able to adjust to the demands of a military-oriented lifestyle.
- Presents a neat appearance with weight in proportion to height.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.28A, Music Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Musicians and Singers 27-2042.
Related Military Skill:
- Musician, 5523-5565.