Member, "The Commandant's Own," U.S. Marine Drum & Bugle Corps
MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Drum and Bugle Corps (D&B) Members perform music or music- related duties in support of military ceremonies, official functions, community relations, Marine Corps recruiting, and Marine "esprit de corps”. A secondary mission of the unit is to augment barracks security in contingency operations in the event of an emergency or combat environment. After completion of recruit training and Marine Combat Training (MCT), Marines report directly to the Commanding Officer, Marine Barracks, Washington, DC for duty with "The Commandant's Own”, U.S. Marine Drum and Bugle Corps.
- Security requirement: Top Secret security clearance eligibility (Category II-White House access).
- Must be auditioned, interviewed and found musically or otherwise technically qualified by the Commanding Officer, U.S. Marine Drum and Bugle Corps. No additional education is required beyond that specified in existing Marine Corps enlistment requirements.
- Musicians must possess instrumental proficiency, on a level commensurate with the finest bands and drum and bugle corps in the country to include sight-reading and short-term music preparation. Must meet and maintain instrumental proficiency level on 4.0 scale.
- MSgt to GySgt - 3.2 (Grade V Music)
- SSgt - 3.1 (Grade V Music)
- Sgt - 3.00 (Grade IV Music)
- Cpl to Pvt - 2.85 (Grade IV Music)
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.28A, Music Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Musicians and Singers 27-2042.
Related Military Skill:
- Musician, 5524.
- Enlisted Conductor, 5519.
- Drum Major, 5521.
- Small Ensemble Leader, 5522.