Military Working Dog Handler
MSgt to Pvt - NMOS (5811)
A Military Working Dog Handler is a military policeman who is additionally trained to properly employ a military working dog on or off leash to conduct searches of open areas, buildings, vehicles, roadways, etc and for (1) detection of explosives or illegal drugs; (2) locating missing friendly force personnel or enemy combatants by tracking; and (3) detecting the presence of lost, wanted, or unauthorized personnel and intruders.
- Must currently hold MOS 5811.
- To protect against certain infections from dogs, handlers must have a spleen.
- Must be a volunteer.
- Complete the Military Working Dog Basic Handler Course conducted by the 341st Training Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, TX.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.10C, Military Police, Investigations, and Corrections Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Police and Sheriff's Patrol Officers 33-3051.
Related Military Skill: