Physical Security Specialist
GySgt to Cpl - NMOS (5811)
A Physical Security Specialist is a Military Policeman additionally trained to give the installation commander the ability to conduct risk/vulnerability assessments, analyze crime, and recommend appropriate courses of action to eliminate conditions conducive to terrorism, espionage, sabotage, wrongful destruction, malicious damage, theft, and pilferage. Asset protection and loss prevention can be accomplished through all these, but not limited to a physical security program, electronic security system program, and a loss prevention program.
- Must currently hold MOS 5811.
- Must have obtained the grade of Corporal or higher.
- Complete the Conventional Physical Security Course, U.S. Army Military Police School or the Physical Security Training Program, Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC).
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.10C, Military Police, Investigations, and Corrections Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Police and Sheriff's Patrol Office 33-3051.
Related Military Skill: