Special Reaction Team (SRT) Member
GySgt to Cpl - NMOS (5811)
A Special Reaction Team is comprised of military police personnel trained to give an installation commander the ability to counter or contain a special threat situation surpassing normal law enforcement capabilities. All team members should be cross-trained in all team duties. As a minimum, the Special Reaction Team must be capable of isolating a crisis scene, providing proficient marksmanship support, conducting tactical movement and building entry, and clearing of buildings in a variety of light and weather conditions.
- Must currently hold MOS 5811.
- Must have obtained the grade of corporal or higher.
- Must be a volunteer.
- Possess a high degree of maturity and self-control.
- Maintain minimum first class physical fitness standards.
- Qualify as an expert with service rifle and pistol.
- Complete the Special Reaction Team Course (Phase I), U.S. Army Military Police School.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.10C, Military Police, Investigations, and Corrections Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- and Sheriff's Patrol Course 33-3051.
Related Military Skill:
- Marine Corps Security Force (MCSF) Close Quarters Battle (CQB) Team Member, 8154.