Military Police Law Enforcement Advisor (MPLEA)
GySgt to Cpl- NMOS (5811)
The duties of the MPI require the assignment of mature and intelligent individuals responsible for investigating criminal violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) in matters of interest to the Armed Forces of the United States. A wide degree of latitude is afforded MPIs in support of the commander's obligation to the criminal justice system. Typical duties include conducting criminal investigations, covert operations, personal protective services, crisis management and negotiations, laboratory examinations, and liaison with other military and civil law enforcement agencies. MPI support both installation and Marine Air Ground Task Force commanders.
- Must currently hold MOS 5811.
- Must have obtained the grade of Corporal or higher.
- Must have a minimum of one year military police experience to be considered for the Military Police Investigator Course.
- All MPI must initiate and satisfactorily complete a SSBI and be determined eligible for clearance at the secret level. Personnel may work in the billet while awaiting clearance adjudication, providing interim clearance eligibility has been accomplished.
- Complete the Military Police Investigator Course, U.S. Army Military Police School.
- Accreditation of MPI will be accomplished by the Provost Marshal on an as needed basis, through the issuance of locally produced serialized credentials approved by CMC (PS).
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.10C, Military Police, Investigations, and Corrections Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Detectives and Criminal Investigators 33-3021.
- Police and Sheriff's Patrol Officers 33-3051.
Related Military Skill:
- Accident Investigator, 5813.