Forensic Psycho-Physiologist (Polygraph Examiner)
MGySgt to SSgt - NMOS (5821)
Psycho-Physiologists (Polygraph Examiners) perform the full range of criminal investigative duties prescribed for and are operationally assigned to the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS).
- Must currently hold MOS 5821.
- Must be at least 25 years of age.
- Must have at least 2 years experience as a credentialed criminal investigator (MOS 5821).
- Must be a graduate of an accredited 4 year college.
- Must be screened and determined eligible for duty by an NCIS Screening Board (as described in the most current version of the MOU between the Director, NCIS, and CMC).
- Prior to entry in the Polygraph Examiner Training Course, DoD Polygraph Institute, must have sufficient obligated service to allow 36 months remaining upon graduation.
- Complete the Polygraph Examiner Training Course, DoD Polygraph Institute.
- Certification will be accomplished by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (Code 23CP).
- Complete an advanced polygraph training course every two years after certification.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.10C, Military Police, Investigations, and Corrections Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Detectives and Criminal Investigators 33-3021.
Related Military Skill: