MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Correctional Specialists guard and provide 24-hour supervision of the daily activities of confined personnel at Naval Brigs to prevent disturbances and escapes. Correctional Specialists perform routine inspections, process personnel for confinement and release; transport prisoners, absentees and deserters; manage prisoner's funds and personal property; observe and report meaningful changes in prisoner behavior; and report infractions of the unit's regulations. Corrections Specialist also provide commanders with the capability to execute Regional Detention Facilities in theater with subject matter expertise on the safe, humane and efficient care of enemy detainees entrusted to their care.
- Must have a GT score of 100 or higher.
- Must be over 18 years of age and possess a high degree of maturity and emotional stability.
- Have no convictions by courts-martial, and no non-judicial punishment convictions involving illegal drugs or moral turpitude.
- Have no record of civil court conviction that resulted in confinement.
- Complete the Correctional Specialist Course, Marine Corps Administrative Detachment, Lackland AFB, TX.
- Requests for lateral move into MOS 5831 will be accompanied by an interview and recommendation by an installation's senior corrections officer, MOS 5804 (not waiverable).
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.10C, Military Police, Investigations, and Corrections Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Correctional Officers and Jailers 33-3012.
Related Military Skill: