Aviation Radar Technician
MSgt to Pvt - PMOS
Aviation radar technicians site, install, operate, test, adjust, and align Marine Air Command Control Systems (MACCS) air defense radar systems, and associated IFF equipment. They make periodic inspections and perform preventive maintenance; use proper safety procedures in system maintenance and operation; diagnose and isolate malfunction to the fault; remove and replace LRU (lowest repairable unit); and verify that the malfunction has been corrected. They maintain diagnostic and operational tools, support, and test equipment; maintain accountability of all parts of the system including software, spare parts, and in requisitioning supplies and spare parts; and maintain necessary records of maintenance and compile data for reports per references SECNAV M5210.1 and MCO 5210.11E. They prepare and implement inspections and maintenance schedules. They organize and adminster facilities for the maintenance and repair of equipment. HQMC APX (59XX OccFld sponsor) is the waiver approval authority.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have a minimum one year of high school algebra.
- Must have normal color vision.
- At the grade of Sergeant complete the Advanced Electronics Course (M09DSK1).
- At the grade of Sergeant complete the Aviation Radar Technician Theory Course (M09A851).
- At the grade of Sergeant complete the AN/TPS-63B Radar Technician Course (M09A811).
- At the grade of Sergeant complete the AN/TPS-59(V)3 Aviation Radar Technician Course (M09A821).
- Complete the Basic Electronics Course (M092721).
- Complete the Aviation Radar Fundamentals Course (M0924X1).
- Complete the AN/TPS-63B Aviation Radar Repair Course (M09A831).
- Complete the AN/TPS-59(V)3 Aviation Radar Repair Course (M09A841).
- At the grade of Sergeant complete the AN/TPS-59A(V)3 Aviation Radar Technician Course (M09A821).
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.120, Direct Air Support Center (DASC) Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Avionics Technicians 49-2091.
Related Military Skill: