Air Traffic Control Radar Technician
GySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Air Traffic Control Radar Technicians survey, site, and install air traffic control precision approach and surveillance radar systems. Make periodic inspections and perform preventive maintenance. Load operational software, tune, adjust, and align systems for proper operation. Use proper safety procedures in system maintenance and operation. Diagnose and isolate malfunction to the fault, remove and replace the fault; and verify that the malfunction has been corrected. Participate in and provide technical assistance during system flight inspections. Maintain diagnostic and operational tapes, tools, support, and test equipment. Assist in maintaining the maintenance technical library. Assist in maintaining accountability of all parts of the system including software, spare parts, and in requisitioning supplies and spare parts. Process and pack system components for storage or shipment. Train subordinates or less qualified personnel. Maintain necessary records of maintenance and compile data for reports. Assist air traffic control maintenance personnel in MOS 5952 and MOS 5954. Must possess a detailed, working knowledge of all Navy sponsored aviation maintenance programs and processes governed by COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2B.
- Must possess an EL score of 110 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must possess normal color perception.
- Complete the Marine Air Traffic Control Radar Technician Pipeline Course, Class C, NAS Pensacola, FL.
- Gunnery Sergeant through Sergeant must complete the Marine Air Traffic Control Work Center Supervisors Course and Marine Air Traffic Control Maintenance Managers Course at NAS Pensacola, FL.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.76 Air Traffic Control Maintenance (ATC) Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment 49-2094.
Related Military Skill: