Air Traffic Control Communications Technician
GySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Air Traffic Control Communications Technicians survey, site, and install air traffic control communications systems. They inspect and perform preventive maintenance for proper operation, and diagnose and repair faults. They provide technical assistance during system flight inspections; maintain diagnostic tapes, tools, support, and test equipment; process and pack system components for storage or shipment; train subordinates or less qualified personnel; conduct maintenance management; and assist air traffic control maintenance personnel in MOS 5952 and MOS 5953. Must possess a detailed, working knowledge of all Navy sponsored aviation maintenance programs and processes governed by COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2B.
- Must possess an EL score of 110 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must possess normal color perception.
- Complete the Marine Air Traffic Control Communications Technician Pipeline Course, Class C, NAS Pensacola, FL.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.76 Air Traffic Control Maintenance (ATC) Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment 49-2094.
Related Military Skill: