Tactical Data Systems Technician
MSgt to Pvt - PMOS
Tactical Data Systems Technician plan and perform operational management and maintenance on the Marine Air Command and Control Systems (MACCS) Tactical Data Systems, and common hardware/software suites. They are responsible for the installation, configuring, management, system administration, and maintenance of all MACCS Tactical Data Systems, hardware and software. They make periodic inspections and perform preventive maintenance. They use proper safety procedures in system maintenance and operations; diagnose and isolate malfunction to the fault; remove and replace LRU (lowest replaceable unit), if hardware, perform corrective measures of software; and verify that the malfunction has been corrected. They maintain diagnostic and operational tools, support, and test equipment; assist in maintaining accountability of all equipment; assist in maintaining accountability of all parts of the system including software, spare parts, and in requisitioning supplies and spare parts. They maintain necessary records of maintenance and compile data for necessary records of maintenance and compile data for reports. The Tactical Data System Administrator Managers Course is available for skill enhancement training.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have a minimum one year of high school algebra.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Complete the Tactical Data Systems Administrators Course (M09DZC1), Marine Corps Communications and Electronics School, 29 Palms, CA.
- Complete the Basic Electronics Course (M092721).
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.73 Tactical Air Command Center (TACC) Maintenance Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment 49-2094.
Related Military Skill:
- Cyber Network Operator, 0651.