Tactical Air Operations/Air Defense Systems Technician
MSgt to Pvt - PMOS
Tactical Air Operations/Air Defense Systems Technicians perform and supervise installation, alignment, inspection, testing, maintenance and repair of electronic assemblies and subassemblies, fiber optic cables, and system software of all tactical air operations and air defense systems within the Marine Air Command and Control Systems (MACCS). They make periodic inspections and perform preventive maintenance; use proper safety procedures in systems maintenance and operation; diagnose and isolate malfunctions to the fault; remove and replace LRU (lowest replaceable unit) if hardware, and perform corrective measures of software and verify that the malfunction has been corrected. They maintain diagnostic and operational tools, support and test equipment; assist in maintaining accountability of all parts of the system including software, spare parts, and in requisitioning supplies and spare parts, maintain necessary records of maintenance and compile data for reports. The Air Defense System Managers Course is available for skill enhancement training.
- Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have a minimum one year of high school algebra.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Complete the Basic Electronics Course (M092721).
- Complete the Air Defense Systems Technician Course (M09KAS1).
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.119, Tactical Air Operations Center (TAOC) Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment 49-2094.
Related Military Skill:
- Ground Radio Repairer, 2841.
- Electronics Maintenance Technician, 2862.