Electronics Maintenance Chief (Aviation (C2))
MGySgt - PMOS
Electronics Maintenance Chiefs (Aviation (C2)) supervise, coordinate, and instruct enlisted personnel in the performance of Marine Air Command and Control Systems (MACCS) and maintenance functions. Provide information concerning the capabilities, limitations, and reliability of MACCS and other equipment. Instruct operation and maintenance of the MACCS. Perform staff support duties in formulating and implementing maintenance and supply plans, provisioning the MACCS, and preparing publications and training materials.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have previously held 5939, 5948, 5974, or 5979.
- Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must possess knowledge of procedure directives and regulations applicable to all functional areas of electronics maintenance.
- See prerequisites.
- Provides authoritative staff support in planning and implementing the maintenance of a wide range of equipment.
- Supports operational planning by providing commanders with the capabilities, limitations, logistics and maintenance requirements of MACCS specific equipment.
- Assists in the determination of electronic maintenance policy and the inventory management program of an electronic maintenance activity unit or organization.
- Performs staff support duties in formulating and implementing maintenance and supply plans, provisioning electronic items, preparing publications and training materials, and performing difficult or exacting installation, modification, and maintenance tasks.
- Coordinates maintenance activities of enlisted personnel engaged in radar, radio, and/or tactical data systems.
- Instructs in the theory and maintenance of electronic equipment.
- Inspects maintenance functional areas.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers 49-1011.
Related Military Skill:
- Air Traffic Control Systems Maintenance Chief, 5959.