Aviation Maintenance Controller/Production Controller
GySgt to Sgt - NMOS (any PMOS from 60/61/62/63/64/65)
Aviation Maintenance Controllers/Production Controllers are responsible for planning, directing, and controlling the performance and execution of Aviation Maintenance Department functions at the organizational and intermediate levels. They are responsible for technician aircraft maintenance and aeronautical repair that ensure the unit's combat readiness or ability to perform its mission. They must be able to establish department goals and to develop the plans to meet those goals. A high level of expertise is required to supervise the execution of the various tasks encompassed within the wide spectrum of aviation maintenance matters. They must possess a detailed, working knowledge of all Navy-sponsored aviation maintenance programs and processes governed by OPNAVINST 1560.10C. In addition, Aviation Maintenance Controllers/Production Controllers must have detailed knowledge of the Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management Information Systems (NALCOMIS).
- Must be skill qualified in a primary MOS from any of the following OccFlds:
- 60/61/62, Aircraft Maintenance.
- 63/64, Avionics.
- 65, Aviation Ordnance.
- Recommend completion the Senior Enlisted Aviation Maintenance (SEAM) Course (C-600-3210) at NAMTRAGRUDET Oceana, VA; Jacksonville, FL; North Island, CA; Whidbey Island, WA, or be designated Safe for Flight (SFF) in accordance with NAVMC 3500.14C.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and manages the maintenance and repairs of aircraft, aircraft components, and aviation support equipment.
- Directs and manages the scheduling of aircraft, aircraft components, and aviation support equipment inspections.
- Informs the Aircraft Maintenance Officer of work progress and advises them on matters pertaining to maintenance and repairs of aircraft, aircraft components, and aviation support equipment.
- Ensures the material condition and mission capability of weapons systems.
- Directs and monitors requisitioning, receipt, and allocations of materials, tools, aircraft components, and aviation support equipment.
- Ensures compliance with applicable technical publications through the use of maintenance instruction manuals for the appropriate type/model/series aircraft, associated systems, aviation support equipment, aeronautical components, and aviation equipment.
- Ensures all aircraft, aircraft components, and aviation support equipment maintenance data is collected and properly disseminated.
- Works closely with the Aviation Supply Department to ensure the required materials, components, and tools are available for use.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Planning, and Expediting Clerks 43-5061.
Related Military Skill: