Aircraft Nondestructive Inspection Technician
GySgt to Cpl - NMOS (6062, 6092, 615X or 625X)
Aircraft Nondestructive Inspection Technicians perform nondestructive testing of metals in aircraft structures and aircraft/engine components. This MOS will be assigned only to qualified Aircraft Structures or Hydraulic Pneumatic Mechanics, MOSs 6062, 6092, 615X or 625X.
- Must be a qualified Structures Mechanic, MOS 6092, or an MOS from 615X or 625X.
- Must have a minimum 12 months credibility in the rank of SSgt to Cpl.
- Must have a minimum AFQT score of 55 or a minimum GT score of 105.
- Must have a minimum 30 months time in service.
- Complete Ionizing Radiation physical IAW NAVMEDP 5055.
- Complete the Naval Aircraft Nondestructive Inspection Technician class at NATTC, NAS Pensacola, FL.
- Must have a minimum 24 months obligated service upon completion of the Naval Aircraft Nondestructive Inspection Technician Class.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO P4790.20, Maintenance Training Management and Evaluation Programs (MATMEP) for MOS 6033.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Nuclear Technician 19-4051.
- Inspection, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers 51a-9061.
Related Military Skill: