GySgt to LCpl - NMOS (6092)
Aircraft Welders fabricate and repair aircraft metals through basic welding using the gas/tungsten/titanium welding/arc/welding (GTAW) process on aluminum alloys, steel alloys, stainless steel alloys, and precipitating hardening nickel based alloys.
- This MOS will be assigned only to qualified Aircraft Structures Mechanics, MOS 6092.
- Complete appropriate formal school of instruction (NADEP welding Course #N-701-0007 only).
- Qualified as an Aircraft Structures Mechanic, MOS 6092.
- Must have vision better than 20/30 for long distance with good depth perception.
- Must have normal color perception.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO P4790.20, Maintenance Training Management and Evaluation Programs (MATMEP) for MOS 6043.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers 51-4121.
Related Military Skill:
- Metal Worker, 1316.