Aviation Data Analyst
MGySgt to Sgt - NMOS (6046)
Aviation Data Analyst performs data analysis and trend interpretation. They develop statistical process control methods in support of aviation information and readiness reporting requirements, collect and organize data, monitor and ensure accuracy of all aviation readiness information, data-mine aviation readiness repositories, provide analytical assessment of control charts, and provide statistical information to Aid Maintenance Managers and Logisticians in the performance of their assigned tasks. Additional functions include management of computer Information Systems, verification of database integrity, control of user access to designated activity servers, monitoring and ensuring system accuracy, supporting network system functions, accuracy of database tables. The Aviation Data Analyst is the acting authority for the integrity and validity of all aviation readiness reporting data. This follow-on training is provided at the Data Analyst Course (Optimized NALCOMIS School) in Pensacola, FL providing the Marine the basic skills for system management and statistical analysis of acquired data.
- Must be skill qualified as an Aircraft Maintenance Administration Specialist (MOS 6046).
- Must have a satisfactory performance in primary MOS duties for a period of 12 months.
- Must have a minimum of 24 months service remaining.
- Must have a minimum of WK/AR combined score of 105.
- Complete one of the NALCOMIS Aviation Information Systems Administrator/Analyst training tracks, NALCOMIS Aviation Maintenance IMA System Administrator/Analyst Pipeline, or NALCOMIS Aviation Maintenance OMA System Administrator/Analyst Pipeline at NATTC Pensacola, FL upon initial assignment to an IMA or OMA billet. Personnel reassigned to a different OMA/IMA billet after completing one of the training tracks above must attend one of the following strands: NALCOMIS Aviation Maintenance IMA Database Administrator/Analyst Strand, or NALCOMIS Aviation Maintenance OMA Database Administrator/Analyst Strand, at NATTC Pensacola.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to MCO P4790.20, Maintenance Training Management and Evaluation Programs (MATMEP) for MOS 6049.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Computer Operators 43-9011.
- Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks 43-5061.
Related Military Skill: