MGySgt to MSgt - PMOS
Avionics Chiefs, as Noncommissioned Officers in charge of the avionics department supervise the maintenance and repair of Aircraft Avionics Systems, equipment and components at the IMA/OMA levels. The MALS MGySgt Avionics Chief serves as the OccFld Sponsor for the 63/6400 MOS within the MAG and manage the squadron’s level III EKMS accounts.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an EL score of 105 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have normal color perception.
- Must satisfy the requirements for one of the PMOSs within the 63 or 64 OccFlds.
- MGySgt and MSgt:
- Demonstrates proficiency in appropriate 63XX and 64XX lower level MOSs.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of the NAMP and 3M procedures.
- Ensures facilities are organized to support the maintenance and repair of avionics systems, equipment, or components at the IMA/OMA levels.
- Requisitions spare/replacement parts and necessary work center supplies and equipment using publications and supply documents.
- Maintains appropriate records of all maintenance and inspection actions performed, technical training conducted, and organic equipment assigned to the avionics division.
- Possesses a thorough understanding and working knowledge of sound management principles, work center supervision, proper methods of training personnel, and accepted and approved avionics maintenance procedures.
- Possesses a thorough understanding and working knowledge of Marine Corps administrative procedures including the format, preparation, and submission of naval messages.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Marine Corps aviation staff organization and functioning of the Marine Aviation Logistic Squadron, Marine Aircraft Wing, and FMF Headquarters levels.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- First-line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers 49-1011.
Related Military Skill: