METOC Analyst Forecaster
MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Typical duties of the METOC Analyst Forecaster include observing, collecting, recording, validating, processing, disseminating, and assimilation of METOC data and information to formulate forecasts and environmental assessments. METOC Analyst Forecasters use and perform preventive maintenance on METOC sensors, information technology systems, and equipment. All records must be maintained in accordance with NAVMC 3500.55B and NAVMC 3500.106.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 105 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Complete the Meteorological and Oceanographic Analyst Forecaster (MOAF) Course (F02WAK1) at Keesler AFB, MS.
- For a complete list of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.38A, Meteorology and Oceanography Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Atmospheric and Space Scientists 19-2021.
Related Military Skill: