Aviation Operations Specialist
MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
To provide the Marine Corps with trained personnel in MOS 7041, Aviation Operations Specialist (AOS). Selected Marine Corps personnel, male and female are provided with the basic duties of an aviation operations specialist. This includes drafting correspondence; assisting in the preparation of orders, maintaining orders of flight time in booth master and individual flight files in accordance with current Marine Corps standard systems and software applications; maintaining files of extended flight; storage and dissemination of flight information publications (FLIP); posting radio and landing facility charts, flight information manuals, maps, and preparing aviation operations safety reports. Additional duties include supporting air tasking order (ATO) production within a Tactical Air Command (TACC), coordinating airfield services to include Air Traffic Control (ATC), Meteorology and Oceanography (METOC), Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) transient Aircraft, Flight Planning, Fuel Services, Airfield Maintenance in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) guidelines and restricted airspace management for tenant and non-tenant activities. Although this training is not all inclusive, graduates will be able to function at all levels of command. MOS 7041 is assigned upon completion of the Marine Aviation Operations Specialist Course and (MARAOS) and meeting all required prerequisites.
- Must possess a CL score of 100 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Complete the Aviation Operations Specialist Course.
- Basic PC operations/word processing and be able to enter characters in word processing at the following rates:
- MGySgt to Sgt 35 NET WPM.
- Cpl 30 NET WPM.
- LCpl to Pvt - 25 NET WPM.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.45, Airfield Emergency Services Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Airfield Operations Specialists 53-2022.
Related Military Skill: