Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting Specialist
MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
ARFF is a unique capability within the ACE. ARFF provides Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting services in support of airfield operations (AirOps) at forward operating bases and support installations. ARFF Services include: Incident Command, Fire suppression and extinguishment, extrication and rescue, basic emergency medical services, salvage and overhaul operations and immediate hazardous material operations level response. While supporting a Forward Operating Base, the ARFF platoon is also responsible for the effective implementation and management of fire protection and prevention programs.
- Must possess an MM score of 95 or higher.
- Minimum height requirement to be classified a 7051 is 59 inches (Aactual Height).
- Valid state driver's license.
- Complete the Fire Protection Apprentice (Marines) Course.
- Must meet the medical standards as required per the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1582 and The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 29 Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) 1910.234.
- Vision correctable to 20/20, maximum vision impairment of 20/50 and normal color acuity.
- For a complete listings of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.45, Airfield Emergency Services Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Fire Fighters 33-2011.
Related Military Skill: