MOS 7307, Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Operator, RQ-7
SSgt to Pvt - PMOS
The RQ-7 Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operator is responsible for planning and executing UAS missions in support of the MAGTF.
- Must possess a GT score of 110 or higher (max 3-point waiver).
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Must pass a Class III Flight Physical per reference NAVMED P-117, Manual of Naval Medical Depart, section IV, Article 15-63, para 1c.
- Complete the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operator Common Core Course at U.S. Army Intelligence Command.
- Complete the Shadow Unmanned Aircraft System Operator Course at U.S. Army Intelligence Center of Excellence.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.107, RQ-7 Shadow Operator chapter, Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Training and Readiness Manual. Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Control of launch, safe navigation and recovery of RQ-7 Aircraft.
- Operate onboard payloads utilizing optical sensors to include, but not limited to, electro-optical, infra-red, laser marking and laser targeting.
- Execute remote video terminal operations.
- Conduct call-for-fire to facilitate indirect fire missions.
- Execute techniques and procedures in the performance of terminal guidance operations.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians 17-3024.
Related Military Skill:
- Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Operator, MQ-21, 7321.
- Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Specialist, 7314.