Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Operations Specialist
MGySgt to GySgt - PMOS
The Unmanned Aircraft System Operations Specialist is responsible for planning, coordinating, and integrating unmanned aircraft system missions in support of the MAGTF.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must possess PMOS 7307 or 7321
- Completion of the Unmanned Aircraft System Operations Specialist Course or other training directed by DCA is required within one year after selection to the grade of Gunnery Sergeant, unless assigned to a billet not in direct support of a VMU, to include a Special Duty Assignment. If fulfilling such a billet the UAS Operations Specialist will have one year to complete the course upon return to a VMU squadron.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.107, Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Training and Readiness Manual.
- Provide UAS subject matter expertise to commander.
- Manage standardization of unit UAS operational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the OPNAVINST 3710 procedures and other operational publications involving UAS.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Marine Corps aviation staff organization and functioning of the Marine Aircraft Group, Marine Aircraft Wing, and FMF Headquarters levels.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians 17-3024.
Related Military Skill:
- Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Operator, RQ-7, 7307.
- Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Operator, MQ-21, 7321.