MOS 7321, Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Operator, MQ-21
SSgt to Pvt - PMOS
The MQ-21 Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operator is responsible for planning and executing UAS missions in support of the MAGTF.
- Must possess a GT score of 110 or higher (max 3-point waiver).
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Must pass a Class III Flight Physical per NAVMED P-117, Manual of Naval Medical Depart, section IV, Article 15-63, para 1c.
- Complete the Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operator Common Core Course at U.S. Army Intelligence Command or complete equivalent course at location TBD.
- Complete the formal BlackJack Unmanned Aircraft System Operator Course or Mobile Training Team equivalent course.
- Completion of a local syllabus.
- Upon recommendation of the unit CO.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.107, MQ-21 Blackjack Operator chapter, Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Training and Readiness Manual. Tasks include:
- Control of launch, safe navigation and recovery of MQ-21 Aircraft during either ground-based or sea-based operations.
- Operate onboard payloads utilizing optical sensors to include, but not limited to, electro-optical, infra-red and laser marking.
- Execute remote video terminal operations.
- Conduct call-for-fire to facilitate indirect fire missions.
- Execute techniques and procedures in the performance of terminal guidance operations.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Electro-Mechanical Technicians 17-3024.
Related Military Skill:
- Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Operator, RQ-7, 7307.
- Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Specialist, 7314.