Joint Terminal Attack Controller
MGySgt to Sgt - EMOS (0313, 0321, 0369, 0861, 1812, 1833, 1834, 7314)
This MOS requires formal Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) Training and Certification. It forms the foundation skill set for assignment to appropriate JTAC billet in the Operating Forces. A JTAC is a qualified (certified) service member, who from a forward position directs the action of combat aircraft engaged in close air support (CAS), and other offensive air operations. A qualified and current JTAC will be recognized across DoD as capable and authorized to perform terminal attack control. Mission essential task/skill training for a JTAC is established in the T&R and includes graduation from the Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) Course at EWTG. Upon successful completion of the TACP Course, the JTAC will be designated combat capable, receive EMOS 8002 JTAC, and will return to his unit for completion of the T&R requirements. Only T&R qualified and current JTACs may conduct Close Air Support (CAS) training operations without specified instructor supervision. Training currency must be documented and certified in the JTAC training record.
- JTAC Must be either a Sgt or above and hold PMOS 0321 or 0861, or a SSgt or above and hold MOS 0313, 0369, 0861, 1812, 1833, 1834, or 7314.
- Must have a GT score of 100 or higher.
- Must complete the Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) Course at EWTG.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to the JTAC portions of the T&R Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Command and Control Center Specialists 55-3015.
Related Military Skill:
- Ground Combat Arms Staff Sergeant.