Ground Safety Specialist
GySgt to Pvt - FMOS
A trained Marine able to manage or assist in the operation of the Marine Corps Ground Safety Program in compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations.
- See requirements.
- Complete HQMC (SD) approved ground safety course or school.
- Assists in planning and directing the Accident Prevention Program of the command.
- Maintains safety directives and accident reports.
- Investigates accidents and conducts periodic safety inspections.
- Provides safety indoctrination and education for the command and obtains and maintains safety equipment and material.
- Advises and assists in the organization and implementation of a complete vehicle safety program for both Government and private motor vehicle operation.
- Monitors compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements.
- Conducts Operational Risk Management (ORM) assessments.
- Applies hazard control fundamentals and techniques.
- Facilitates the Industrial Hygiene Program.
- Supervises the Hazardous Materials, Waste, and Pollution Prevention Programs.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Occupational Health and Safety Specialists 29-9011.
Related Military Skill: