Special Technical Operations (STO) Chief
MGySgt to Sgt - FMOS
The 8016 FMOS identifies Marines who have completed the appropriate level of formal academic training and/or served in a billet where STO was the primary function. The Marine must have a demonstrated and comprehensive understanding of STO planning and integration into Coalition, Joint, or Marine Corps operations. This MOS will be assigned only as a non- PMOS upon request from the individual and with the concurrence of the OccFld Manager non-PMOS upon request from the individual and with the concurrence of the OccFld Manager.
- Security requirement: SCI security clearance eligibility.
- Complete a STO Planner's Course that meets Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) academic requirement. This requirement may be waived based on the applicant's demonstrated level of proficiency in an operational billet where STO was the primary function.
- Complete the CJCS-approved Planning and Decision Aid System (PDAS) Operator's Course. This requirement may also be waived based on the applicant's demonstrated level of proficiency in an operational STO billet.
- Perform at least six months in an overseas billet where STO was the primary billet responsibility or one year in a CONUS billet that required the performance of STO functions as the primary duty.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of STO and conduct on-the-job training that emphasizes the integration of STO functions into Coalition, Joint, or Marine Corps plans and operations.
- Serve in a STO Planner position at the national or operational level in support of CJCS, Combatant Command, or Service STO requirements.
- Advise the commander on the integration of STO capabilities into plans and operations.
- Participates in the development of the STO Annex S to operations plans in support of operations, contingencies, and exercises.
- Develops requirements for future STO operations.
- Develops policy on STO matters in accordance with CJCS Instruction 3120.08C for integrated Joint Special Technical Operations (IJSTO).
- Develop operational concepts for the employment of STO capabilities in support of Marine Corps Expeditionary Maneuver Warfare concept.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as prescribed and designated by th CJCS.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Management Analyst 13/14-1111.
Related Military Skill: