MGySgt to SSgt - FMOS
Acquisition Specialists are members of the acquisition workforce. They assist in planning, directing, coordinating, and performing specific duties that pertain to the acquisition of equipment/weapons.
- Must be a Staff Sergeant to Master Gunnery Sergeant.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must be certified to level 1 of their primary acquisition career field. Career field certification requirements are contained in the current edition of the Defense Acquisition University Catalog.
- The Acquisition Specialist participates as an assistant to Acquisition Project Officers, and in some situations as the actual Project Officer to provide expertise in higher technical functional areas that pertains to the acquisition of equipment and weapons systems. The responsibilities may range from providing assistance in the areas of project initiation, systems development, systems engineering, test and evaluation management, Integrated Logistics Support Management, systems manpower and training requirements, Life-Cycle Systems Support Management.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products 13-1023.
Related Military Skill: