GySgt to Pvt - FMOS
Guards enforce, or supervise the enforcement of security measures and the protection of classified material and United States property and personnel.
- See requirements.
- Not to be assigned to personnel either as a primary or additional MOS.
- To be used only as a billet designator in T/O's.
- Enforces military or Department of State regulations and orders.
- Controls entrances and access to military installations, United States diplomatic missions, or other designated establishments.
- Verifies authenticity of passes and identification cards of military personnel, civilian employees, and visitors afoot or in motor vehicles entering or leaving installations or diplomatic missions.
- Prevents unauthorized removal and theft of United States Government property.
- Makes periodic checks of standing lights and locked doors and designated secure areas.
- Receives and verifies guard property.
- Maintains guard property accounts and guard report logbooks.
- Prepares offense, accident, unusual incident, injury reports and correspondence pertaining to activities of a guard unit.
- Assures that scheduled bugle calls are sounded.
- Conduct guard mount.
- Inspect and instruct guards and sentinels while on post.
- Supervises or assists in the supervising of the guard of the day during emergency situations.
- Directs traffic, escorts visitors, or vehicles delivering supplies and equipment.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Security Guards 33-9032.
Related Military Skill: