SSgt to Sgt - EMOS (0111, 5524)
The Recruiter must be thoroughly familiar with the enlistment process from applicant prospecting to preparation for recruit training. Recruiters work in an environment external to the normal Marine Corps post, station, and FMF environments. Typical functions of the recruiter include preliminary screening and administrative processing, scheduling physical examinations, completion of enlistment documents, and maintaining accurate records. Recruiters also provide the community with Marine Corps publicity material and assist in civic events. They are stationed at recruit depots, recruiting stations, Military Enlistment Processing Stations (MEPS), and recruiting substations throughout the United States and some overseas locations. Once voided, this MOS may not be reassigned without prior approval from the CMC (MM).
- Must meet the prerequisites prescribed in MCO P1326.6D w/ch2.
- At the staff sergeant to sergeant level, complete Recruiters' School.
- Maintains reports required for systematic recruiting.
- Canvasses the population for prospective applicants.
- Establishes liaison with educational authorities and other civilian agencies.
- Explains the Marine Corps to prospective applicants to include opportunities, regulations, enlistment programs, and assignment locations.
- Screens each applicant to determine eligibility relative to physical defects, moral character, criminal involvement, age, drug abuse, satisfactory prior service, Citizenship, education, and dependency, Military Procurement Manual, Volume 2, Enlisted Procurement.
- Schedules working applicants to take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test at the MEPS.
- Arranges for physical examinations of mentally qualified applicants at the MEPS.
- Coordinates with MEPS personnel in assisting applicants to complete Application for Enlistment (DD Form 1966).
- Prepares all other required enlistment documents.
- Arranges for publication and broadcasting of recruiting programs and provides publicity material about the Marine Corps.
- Explains to qualified applicants the appropriate items to take to recruit training.
- Instruct applicants in finalizing their enlistment process in the following areas: taking the Oath of Enlistment and signing the Record of Emergency Data (DD Form 93) and the Enlistment Contract.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Employment, Recruitment, and Placement Specialists 13-1071.
Related Military Skill:
- Career Recruiter, 8412.